Saturday, January 19, 2013

Welcome to Blogging

First.  Every blogger has a first.  The first post that's supposed to define the niche of your blog for the entirety of its life or risk losing the people who follow it as a result. 

Well to be honest I'm not ready for all that but to get started and start learning about blogging I have to start somewhere.  As a result all I can do is begin the only way I know how: promising to not do the things many other blogs do. 

  • I WILL ... Not post regularly.  This is simply a fact of life and since I'm not blogging for any particular reason I'll tell all you readers the truth so you can keep your expectations of me low.  Have a little faith that this is probably best for everyone in the long run.  
  • I WILL ... Not have perfect spelling, punctuation, grammar, and odds are I wont always have all the information in at least some of my posts.  On the other hand I would like to consider myself a reasonably knowledgeable individual so I will try to keep my posts at the very least legible, and accurate to the best of my knowledge.  
  • I WILL ... Not stay to a strict theme.  High Tech Hobbies is a reasonably broad genera and that is intentional.   

 But speaking of topics, that's usually the point of a blog.  And High Tech Hobbies has a certain ring to it so I'd assume a reader that's held on to this point must be reasonably hooked by just the title.  So without further adieu I give you (in no particular order) a list of topics that at the very least I plan on discussing.
  1. Robotics - One of my loves but more specifically I'll be dealing with home build robots as well as a lot of discussion of the FIRST Robotics Competition.  I've been involved with robotics in several applications and remain an active mentor to a high school team at the moment as well.
  2. Custom Computers - And all its supporting technology.  Being especially interested in home networking, computing, as well as a typical DIYer I was bound to fall into this one. 
  3. Personal electronics - TV's, tablets, receivers, laptops, and everything in between.  
  4. Home improvement - I grew up learning how to fix homes and build things rather then pay someone else to do it for me.  So as the opportunity arises I'll attempt to pass along what I know.  
  5. Tools and knives - a very important part of the high tech world is getting it all built.  There's no such thing as being over prepared so I keep up on the coolest ways to build things as well as what to build.  
  6. Home theater - I'm reasonably into home theater and I keep getting myself in deeper so I'll put a bet down now.  
  7. Movies - Whats the point of loving technology if you don't have something to enjoy it with.  
  8. Life, Love, and the random thoughts I decide to add. 

But in the mean time, sleep is calling and I get to go find more new content.

Peace - Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment